Success means different things to different people, but everyone would agree that it involves reaching certain goals, no matter what those may be.
Following are eight essential keys to achieving any goal:
1. Have a clear vision. Set a specific goal and follow it. You can have a very good airplane, or a very good ship, but if the captain doesn’t know where to go, then it will just drift around. Know where you’re going.
2. Dare to ask. You don’t have to know how to do certain things as a start. Ask, receive, believe, and you will achieve.
3. Be determined. Set your mind on achieving something and convince yourself that you can do it, no matter how many difficulties you face. Think of the big picture. Focus on the goal, not on the process. Stick to your final destination, not to the path itself.
4. Every time you fall, rise again stronger. Learn from your experience. Strive to win the battle; don’t be distracted by the small fights. Don’t let anything intimidate you.
5. Don’t allow anyone else’s opinion to limit you. Listen to others for ideas if you want, but come up with your own decisions.
6. Be passionate. Love what you’re doing. In times of stress or difficulties, it is your passion that will keep you going.
7. Work hard on mastering what you want to do. Decide what you want, and make sure you keep learning as much as you can about the subject. Knowledge and practice lead to expertise.
8. Always find ways to improve. Don’t just stop when you reach your goal. Create a bigger goal, or work on finding ways to become even better in your field. You get from the world what you invest in yourself.